Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Taco Soup

I'll start us off with a simple recipe. My husband LOVES this, for some reason. It's nothing fabulous. Every time I ask him what he would like me to make, he always says taco soup. Here's my taco soup recipe:

1 lb ground beef
1 cup chopped onions
16 oz can stewed tomatoes (blend them up a little)
16 oz can pinto beans
16 oz whole kernel corn (undrained)
16 oz can tomato sauce (or 2 8oz cans)
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1/4 cup sugar

Brown the beef with the cup of onion. Add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for 15 minutes. Done!
We like to top it with cheese or sour cream (or both!) and eat it with corn chips. Mmmm...

6 comments:

  1. K, this seriously looks so easy. And yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm . . . I LOVE taco soup! De-licious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sheri! have you never had taco soup? i think they should hand out the recipe in the hospital when you take home your baby. "here you go. a quick meal you will need for the next 18 years".

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, we eat taco soup all the time, but my recipe is crockpot so it takes all day. This is much more concise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe is simmering on the stove as we speak. So easy! Thanks Tiffany.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been privileged to have this meal provided by Tiff...It's delish!

    ReplyDelete