Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Maple Syrup

Tonight, Charlie doesn't get to come home for dinner, so I'm making waffles.  Very fancy, I know.  I do have a really great recipe for maple syrup,though.  It is the best and you'll never buy the premade stuff again.

Maple Syrup
1 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. water
1 tsp. maple flavoring (I use mapleine)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. butter

Bring sugar, brown sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly.  Cook and stif for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and add maple flavoring, vanilla, and butter, stirring to combine and to melt butter.

5 comments:

  1. i have been on the lookout for a good syrup recipe! yessssss!

    do you get the maple flavoring by all the other spices/flavorings in the grocery store?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my family has just used the recipe on the mapeline package- I grew up on homemade syrup!

    This looks yummy though! Will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long does it keep after you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelli- the maple flavoring is by the vanilla and stuff in the spices.
    Amanda- I grew up on that recipe too, this one has a little more flavor and is just better :)
    Sheri- I keep it in the fridge and then warm it up because I don't really know how long it would keep otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made this tonight (we had breakfast for dinner) - YUM! Thanks for sharing Megan!

    ReplyDelete