I have NOT made this...yet. But my friend just posted it to her pinterest. Have you checked out that site? Pinterest? It's pretty cool. Anyway, here's a low cal, super quick treat! I will be trying this soon.
*Freeze a banana, then combine with 2 tbsp cocoa powder and blend in a blender until smooth and creamy! Yum.
Thursday, June 30, 2011
We just finished eating this tonight and I thought, Hooray! I finally have another recipe to post! This was pretty tasty and my kids ate it pretty well.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, diced
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour and salt. Add milk and stir until bubbly. Add cheese, and stir until all of the cheese is melted. Stir in potatoes and heat thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a 10x6 inch baking dish.
- Cook broccoli according to package instructions; drain well. Layer broccoli over the potatoes in the baking dish. Pour the remaining potato mixture over the broccoli. Sprinkle the bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon melted butter over the top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 35 minutes; or until bubbly and browned lightly
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
I threw together these sandwiches tonight and they really hit the spot!
Roasted chicken (delli sliced)
tomato (garden grown)
miracle whip (light, love these stuff)
It was a great cool meal to companion this blaze'n hot day.