Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Honey-Mustard Pork Chops (by Tiffany)

I have made these a couple times and have not been very happy with the way the chops turn out. They always seem dry. However, last time I made them I did not follow the recipe's cooking directions and cooked them how thought would work and turned out MUCH better. Tender and yummy. (not that chops are ever very tender) So here's the recipe with MY cooking directions. I guess I could have left out this explanation. You would have never know the difference. Anyway...


1/4 cup Dijon mustard
4 tsp honey
1 tsp apple-cider or white-wine vinegar
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 bone-in loin pork chops, about an inch thick

(and yes, the mustard + the vinegar will create about the nastiest smell on earth)

To make the marinade: whisk together mustard, honey, vinegar and pepper.
Transfer marinade to large zip-lock bag; add pork. Squeeze air out and seal bag; turn to coat all pork. Chill, turning bag occasionally, at least 4 hours (I have never done it for that long because I am usually not a great 'prepare ahead' type cooker. I have marinated these for an only hour and they still taste yummy)
Heat some olive oil in a pan to med-high. Add chops and brown all sides just a bit. Cover pan and turn heat to med-low. Check on chops and turn them every few minutes. My chops took about 12 minutes to cook this way.

4 points plus WW points per chop

No comments:

Post a Comment