Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spinach Salad with Strawberries

This one I got from Megan Smith, anyone remember her? She used to be in our ward a few years ago and alway had awesome recipes!!
Salad
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 cup sugared cashew pieces (I use plain or honey roasted, whatever I can find at the store)
1/3 cup bacon pieces
1 purple onion, Sliced
1 head red leaf lettuce
1 package fresh spinach

Dressing
2 tblsp Red Wine Vinegar
3 tblsp white sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup dry mustard
1/2 teasp salt
1/2 cup strawberry jam

Combine all salad ingredients and toss together. Combine dressing ingredients and beat together. Drizzle dressing over salad. Serve and enjoy.

*tip: One of the best ways I have to get the onion smell off my hands when I chopped an onion is to run my metal knife under cool water and using the flat part of the knife rub it back and forth against the metal...I do cut my onions with a big, almost butcher size knife. This gives me lots of metal to rub! It works like a charm every time!

2 comments: