Friday, July 15, 2011

Super Easy Homemade Chili

I found this in my foods class recipe book from high school!


Chili

1lb. ground meat
1 onion
1 4oz. can green chilies
1 15oz. can tomato sauce
1 can red beans with juice
1 can ranch style beans w/juice
1 cup water (more if needed)
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I just used ground red pepper and added less)
1/4 teaspoon cumin

Brown meat in skillet. Drain grease. Chop onion. Return meat to the skillet with the onions and cook until the onions are transparent. Place all the ingredients in a dutch oven and simmer at least 30 min. Chili will thicken as it stands.


Super easy and really good! I give the kids mini saltine crackers whenever we have chili, and I am having a bowl of it now with toast, buttered and a little garlic powder sprinkled on top. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment