Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cream Brulee French Toast

I know, I know, I know....I am actually contributing a recipe!  I am usually hesitant to share recipes because I am not the greatest cook and recipes that are great for me are usually no big deal for others.  BUT this one came from a friend of mine and it is AMAZING!!!!  It has quickly become a family favorite around here and my girls beg for it all the time (unfortunately, it is probably as fattening as they come so we don't eat it as often as they'd like).

1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 loaf Texas toast (the wonder brand is the best)
5 eggs
1 1/2 cups half and half cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla


In a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar and corn syrup.  Pour mixture into large greased jellyroll pan.  Spread to cover surface.  Place 12 slices of toast to cover pan.  Mix together eggs, cream, salt and vanilla.  Pour egg mixture over the toast spreading to cover all of the pieces.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.  Bake uncovered at 350 for about 30 minutes. 

The french toast ends up slightly crispy but not soggy at all.  We usually eat ours with a very little syrup but it really doesn't need anything at all.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment