Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana...with a Misty twist

I got 2 bundles of Kale in my Bountiful Basket and found this recipe and decided to tweak it to my liking. I cut the recipe in half, so that's what I'll post. I also threw it in my crock pot- I LOVE my crock pot- and most everything gets tried in that!

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/2 diced onion
2 tsp. garlic salt- or more to your liking
1 tsp. pepper
5 c. water
3 tsp. chicken bouillon or cubes
4 small potatoes; cubed
handful of kale; chopped
1 (8oz) fat free cream cheese

Place all ingredients- except the cream cheese- into a greased crock pot. Cook on high 4-5 hours; take out the chicken, cut into bite size pieces, then return to the crock pot. Add the cream cheese and turn to low; cook 1-2 hours. Stir before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment