Thursday, April 28, 2011

simply the best baked onion rings!

I got this recipe from my sister after I discovered I do, in fact, like onion rings. I would always eat the breading- as a kid- but never the onion. A couple of months ago- I was out and about- and STARVING. I went to go get the kids from my parents and my dad was eating Sonic onion rings. They looked so good- I was starving and all- so I ate one. Then another. I have craved them since which is bad for my eating style. When my sister gave me this recipe, I was so excited to try it that day, and it has been happily ever after....

Ingredients:
2 peeled onions
3/4 c. flour
2-3 egg whites- I use egg beaters but you can use regular eggs if you don't care about the 5 grams of fat per egg :)
3/4 c. bread crumbs
2 tsp. italian seasoning
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Slice the onions width wise and break them apart into rings. Put the flour in one bowl, the eggs into a second, and the bread crumbs and all the seasonings into a third bowl. Dip each onion ring into the flour, then the eggs, and then the bread crumbs. Place them on the baking sheet and then repeat the next onion ring. Bake them all for 20 minutes or until crispy.


No comments:

Post a Comment