Sunday, April 24, 2011

got peeps?

I did a dessert where I used 1 peep on top of each rice crispie cupcake. Very cute. I wanted to use lots of spring colors- blue, pink, purple, and yellow so I needed to buy lots of them. I had a ton left over and decided instead of eating them all- which I usually do- no judging please- I decided to make some rice crispie treats with them. They turned out way better than I thought it would- even though I thought the mixing of all those colors would be gross- I somehow had more blue than anything and they were pretty enough to eat. Most everyone has their recipe for rice crispies but here it is anyways! I reduce the butter and have had no problems.

6 cups rice crispies
1-2 tbsp. butter
30 individual peeps

Melt the butter and peeps in a medium pan- use cooking spray! Put the cereal in a large bowl and add the melted marshmallow. Stir until blended and pour into a greased 8x8 pan. Take a piece of wax paper and spray with cooking spray. Use the sprayed side and pat the rice crispies down.

No comments:

Post a Comment