Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Shoyu Chicken

I'm going Hawaiian on ya'll.. My hula teacher used to make this for us when we had big dance shows to get ready for, I love it.  This is such an easy dish to make and the chicken is fall off the bones tender.  It's so so good, and it goes well with any vegetable! 

4 or 5 frozen chicken thighs (bone-in but skinless, it has to be bone-in because there is so much more flavor in it.) TIP: to help take the skin off the semi-frozen thigh, run cold water on it while taking the skin off.
1 cup soy sauce (Kikkoman is the best)
1 cup of pineapple juice ( I usually buy the 6 pack of 6 oz. and that works fine)
1/2 cup of water
3/4 brown sugar
1 tsp minced garlic ( I always use the preminced stuff so I don't smell the garlic on my fingers forever)
sticky rice
your choice of vegetable

Mix the soy sauce, juice, water, sugar, and garlic in a large pot.  Add your chicken thighs. Heat to a boil and then reduce to a low simmer.  Cook for 30-40 minutes on low.  Serve with some rice, pour a little of the sauce over your rice.  Enjoy!

1 comment: